Ever cared about the right way to use fabric softeners? Downy has it covered with the Downy ball! An easy and convenient way to add fabric softener to your wash! Just pour your favorite Downy fabric softener into the ball, seal it, and drop it in. The ball then automatically releases fabric softener during the rinse cycle! How cool is that?
You got that covered, but what do you do with all the dry air and static that comes with winter time?? Tired of your hair standing on end? A bit frustrated with random shocks throughout the day and intimate articles of clothing sticking to the outside of your pants? The creators of the Downy Ball have come up with some static reducing tips, to help further reduce the static charge that clings to our clothes!
1. A great tool to get rid of static cling is the Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus spray! It has over 101 uses and one of them is eliminating static cling. Not only will you remove static charges from your clothes but they will be left with a fresh scent.
2. Place a safety pin on the inner hem of clothing to dispel any static charge, instead of shocking you, the charge will go to the pin.
3. Place a damp towel or cloth inside dryer and dry at lowest heat setting. The clothing will not become as dry and susceptible to static.
4. Take clothes out of the dryer before they are completely dry, allowing them to air dry the rest of the way will better prevent static, due to the reduction of heat and friction between clothing.
5. Instead of wearing rubber-soled shoes, wear leather-soled shoes to help prevent static because it is a non-conducting material.
6. Use Aluminum foil balls in the dryer, the foil will pick up any charge from the clothing while in the dryer.
7. Spray fine mist of distilled water on clothing after it comes out of the dryer, it will kill any static that is clinging to the clothing.
8. Slip clothes with static charge through a metal hanger, just like the safety pin and aluminum foil, the metal hanger will pick up any charge that is in your clothing.
9. If you have static cling on clothes you are already wearing, place a think layer of moisturizing lotion on your skin underneath your clothes. The moisture from the lotion will counteract the dryness of the clothing.